H-1B Questions & Answers:

[1] What are Educational Evaluation Reports, Professional Work Experience Evaluations and Course by Course Evaluations?

Educational Evaluation Reports assess the foreign academic credentials of the applicant. The evaluation determines the level of education, the number of years completed and the specialization of the applicant and converts them into the equivalent amount of study in the United States.

Professional Work Experience evaluations also evaluate the applicants' education (if applicable); however, professional work experience evaluation reports use the USCIS "three-for-one" rule, which states that three years of work experience can be substituted for one year of academic study to equate to a Bachelor's degree. This equivalency is used for USCIS purposes; the applicant cannot use the reports for admission into university programs based on work experience.

Course by Course evaluations provide the same information as educational evaluation reports, but also list the courses taken, the grades received and the credit equivalence in the United States. It is required for CPA examinations, teacher certifications and licensing or membership in professional associations.


[2] I have a Bachelor's degree in my country of study, however I need my education/work experience to equate to a U.S. Master's degree for BCIS H-1B purposes. Can you evaluate my education and work experience to be equivalent to a U.S. Master's degree?

Yes, however, only if the applicant has the equivalent of a Bachelor's degree with his/her education alone (without work experience) and has a minimum of five years of work experience. Simply stated, the applicant needs a Bachelor's degree and five years of work experience to equate to a U.S. Master's degree in his/her specialty field. However, the applicant must specify his/her intent of equating the report to a Master's degree on the application form. *(Please mark your intent in writing on the application form or in the cover letter)


[3] What is an H-1B visa?

H-1B visas are available for foreign professionals who are sponsored by a United States employer to work temporarily in the U.S. in a specialty occupation. A specialty occupation is an occupation that requires the theoretical and practical application of highly specialized knowledge. Additionally, the foreign professionals' completion of a bachelor's degree in the specialty field is a minimum requirement for entry into the United States to work in the particular occupation.

An employer seeking approval of the H-1B petition must file a Labor Condition Application (LCA), also known as an "attestation" with the Department of Labor.


[4] Why do I have to get my academic credentials evaluated?

There are several possible reasons for getting your credentials evaluated:

  1. You need to have your education evaluated by a company such as AETS for USCIS H-1B visa purposes. This is a mandatory requisite set up by the USCIS; or
  2. If you are planning to attend a university in the United States (you should call the university to make sure what type of evaluation is necessary and if they perform their own evaluations); or
  3. If you are seeking certification to practice in a particular state in the United States (i.e. teacher, engineer, accountant).

[5] Does the USCIS accept your evaluations?

Yes. Our professors and expert evaluators follow all the criteria set up by the USCIS and are consistently accepted by the USCIS.


[6] Do you need my documents to be translated?

Yes. You can have them done on your own by a professional, notarized translator or you can use our expert translators. Click here for our translation application.


[7] How can I get a price quote for translation?

The easiest way to get a price quote is to submit your documents to us either electronically or by fax, along with the completed "Free Translation Quote Form." We will contact you within two hours with the set price for the desired translation.


[8] Why should I use your service?

Simple. We provide the most accurate, expert educational and professional work experience evaluations for the most inexpensive price on the market. Feel free to check our competitors' prices and services. We are sure you will find our fees and services to be much more affordable and efficient.


[9] How can I be sure that your company can provide me with a work experience evaluation in my specialty field?

If you are unsure about your professional work experience because it is not in the computer, business, culinary arts/hospitality management or engineering field and would like to know if you qualify for an H-1B visa, you can email us at info@aetsinternational.com or call us at (786) 276-8190 and we will be happy to help you with any question you might have.


[10] Can you deliver the evaluation/documents to me overnight?

Yes. We provide overnight delivery for our evaluation reports. You must check off overnight delivery on the application and add the price onto the evaluation fee. Or you may also send the appropriate prepaid envelope for AETS to mail for you.